- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 4 people
- February 1, 2016
Creamy Garlic Shrimp and Pasta.
Proof positive that you don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen to create a delicious meal, our creamy garlic shrimp and pasta can be ready in only 10 minutes.Print
Creamy Garlic Shrimp and Pasta
- 1 package (9 oz) refrigerated linguine
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled (tail shells removed), deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (from 4-oz container)
- 1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- Fresh oregano sprigs, if desired
- In 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven, heat 3 quarts water to boiling; add linguine and shrimp. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until linguine is tender and shrimp are pink. Drain and return to Dutch oven; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat wine, cheese, milk, garlic and salt to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until slightly thickened.
- Add linguine and shrimp to sauce in skillet; toss to coat. Stir in chopped oregano just before serving. Garnish with oregano sprigs.