- March 18, 2016
Pork Chops With Balsamic Glaze Recipe.
Without honey, the sauce in this recipe is a savory blend of balsamic vinegar and herbs with just enough red pepper flakes to give it a pop. With the honey, there’s an extra thickness to it and a little more sweet flavor to balance out the vinegar. It’s good either way – just pick whatever goes best with your dinner plans and have at it.Print
Pork Chops With Balsamic Glaze Recipe
- 4 boneless pork chops;
- ? cup balsamic vinegar;
- 3 tbsp. raw honey; (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano;
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil;
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme;
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Season pork chops to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until slightly thickened (5 to 6 minutes).
- Sear the pork chops on both sides in an oven safe skillet over high heat, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Brush the pork chops with the glaze. Transfer the skillet with the chops to the oven and roast 6 to 8 minutes.
- Brush one last time with balsamic glaze before serving.