- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 5 people
- May 30, 2016
Quinoa & Zucchini Veggie Burgers.
Please note these burgers will hold better together if refrigerated for about 30 minutes plus. You can also freeze them individually for up to 1 week.Print
Quinoa & Zucchini Veggie Burgers
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (3/4 cup uncooked quinoa and 1? cup water)
- 4 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- Combine uncooked quinoa and water in a small sauce pan, bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook covered until the water is gone and quinoa is tender. Allow to cool.
- Grate the zucchini, place into a colander set over a bowl. Sprinkle some salt over the grated zucchini to help draw out the moisture. Let sit for 10-15 min, then squeeze out all the juice.
- Add cooled quinoa to a food processor along with chickpeas, herbs, red onion, garlic, paprika, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and ginger. Pulse until well combined. Transfer to a large mixing bowl with zucchini and stir gently.
- Season with salt and pepper. Form into burger patties and set on a baking sheet. If not cooking right away refrigerate until ready.