- 5 people
- March 4, 2016
Tkemali is a famous Georgian sour plum sauce made of cherry plums – both red and green varieties. Red sauce is cooked from ripe plums at the end of summer, while green Tkemali is prepared from unripe plums in the Spring.
It is mainly used with potato dishes, fried or grilled meat and poultry.Print
- 1 kg plums,
- a bunch of greens (dill, cilantro),
- 3–4 cloves garlic,
- 1 PC. red chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons of sugar,
- salt to taste,
- 50 ml of water.
- Place plums in a saucepan, pour water, bring to the boil and boil, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, to drain from behind the skin.
- Garlic pass through the frog. Greens grind in a blender. Hot peppers are also a good grind.
- Put the plums in a colander and run it by separating the skin and bones.
- In shabby plum mass add sugar to taste and salt, again put on fire and bring to a boil.
- Put plum in a mass of garlic, herbs, pepper, mix and boil for 2-3 minutes, removing the foam.
- Tkemali sauce is ready. For long term storage it can roll up and store in a cool place.