- March 15, 2016
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Recipe.
So much for red meat being “empty calories”! What we really need is a balance of meat and vegetables: they fill in each other’s gaps, and even better, they taste delicious together. The broccoli in this recipe is added right at the end of cooking, so it’s still crisp and bright green when you serve the dish: it’s all the convenience of slow-cooking, but without the fear of mushy or soggy vegetables. The whole recipe picks up a rich flavor as the beef simmers away, and adding an apple at the beginning is a special touch that adds just a little something to the sauce.Print
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- 1 lb. boneless chuck roast, sliced into thin strips;
- 2 to 3 cups fresh broccoli florets;
- 1 apple, thinly sliced;
- 1/2 cup beef stock;
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos;
- 1/3 cup raw honey;
- 3 cloves garlic, minced;
- 1 tbsp. tapioca starch; (optional)
- In a slow cooker, combine together the beef stock, coconut aminos, honey, garlic, and sliced apple.
- Add the beef to the slow cooker and stir.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for 4 to 5 hours.
- When the time is up, combine the tapioca starch with some of the liquid from the slow cooker in a small bowl. Pour it back into the slow cooker and stir well.
- Add the broccoli and cook for another 30 min.