- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 6 people
- February 12, 2016
Sparkling raspberry jelly.
This is a jelly twist on a berry champagne cocktail – a sweet treat just for the adults.
Sparkling raspberry jelly
- 500g frozen raspberries
- 435ml (1 3/4 cups) water
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 20g pkt McKenzie’s Gelatine Leaves (see notes)
- 550ml sparkling wine
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Stir the frozen raspberries, water and half the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat for 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Transfer to a food processor. Process until a puree forms. Strain through a fine sieve back into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for 2 minutes or until warm, but not hot.
- Meanwhile, place 6 gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water (see notes). Set aside for 5 minutes to soak. Squeeze out excess water. Add to the raspberry mixture. Stir until gelatine dissolves. Pour into a 1.4L glass loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge overnight to set.
- Stir the wine and remaining sugar in a saucepan over medium heat for 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the remaining gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soak. Squeeze out excess water. Add to the wine mixture. Stir until gelatine dissolves. Set aside, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes to cool.
- Gently pour the wine mixture over the back of a spoon over the raspberry jelly. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 6 hours or overnight to set. Turn the jelly out onto a platter. Top with fresh raspberries.