- March 2, 2016
Tongue salad with vegetables and pomegranate.
Surprise guests at the Banquet table with an exquisite tasting salad with language and pomegranate
You can serve it on a festive birthday table, treat favorite guy on Valentine’s Day or to treat my friends on 8 March.
To tongue salad turned out delicious, rich, aromatic and odor-free, and the language should be pre-boil. How to do it correctly, read our article.
for the broth:
- 1 white root (parsley, parsnips, celery),
- 1 onion,
- 2 Bay leaves,
- 3 pea allspice,
- salt to taste,
- 500 g beef tongue,
- 1 onion,
- 3 potatoes,
- 1 carrot,
- 1 pomegranate (preferably seedless),
- 2 eggs,
- 50 g hard cheese,
- 200 g of mayonnaise,
- 0.5 tsp 9% vinegar
- ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste.
- Beef tongue pre-soak in cold water for 30 minutes, then cleanse it with a knife from mucus, remnants of blood and dirt and thoroughly rinse under running water.
- Put the tongue into boiling water, bring again to a boil, remove foam and boil on low heat for 15 minutes, then take out the tongue, and the broth pour. This will save the dish from a specific smell. Again put the tongue into boiling water, remove the foam, add Bay leaf, allspice, onion and white root. Boil until tender for about 2-3 hours until the tongue is tender and liquid by piercing with a fork will not be transparent. At the end of salt.
- Get ready the tongue from the broth and perch in cold water for 2-3 minutes – this will make it easier to clean the tongue from the skin. Cool and cut small cubes.
- Wash the potatoes and carrots and boil vegetables until tender. Cool and cut small cubes.
- The eggs boil hard boiled, cool, peel and RUB on a medium grater.
- Finely slice the onion and sprinkle with vinegar or lemon juice.
- Cheese RUB on a coarse grater.
- Prepare the pomegranate seeds. To the salad language