- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 55 mins
- 5 people
- March 7, 2016
Triple Berry Amaretto Pavlova.
A light and airy pink-tinted and almond-flavored pavlova, topped with a triple berry amaretto sauce – strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries!Print
Triple Berry Amaretto Pavlova
- 5 large egg whites, at room temperature, and make sure they are not contaminated with ANY yolk
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1–2 drops pink gel food color
For Triple Berry Amaretto Sauce:
- 2 c. mixed berries – blackberries, raspberries, and sliced strawberries
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. amaretto liqueur
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- whipped topping, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trace a 9-inch circle on the parchment paper, using a plate as a guide. Flip the parchment paper over.
- Spray it lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until the egg whites are foamy, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the sugar, a few tablespoons at a time.
- Beat on high until stiff peaks form, and the egg whites are glossy and white, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in extracts and pink gel food color.
- Pile the meringue mixture onto the baking sheet in a round mound, using the traced circle as a guide.
- Place in the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 250 degrees.
- Bake for 90 minutes, then turn off the oven, keeping the oven door closed. Do not open the oven door, or remove the pavlova. Allow it to cool in the oven for about 1 hour.
- Remove pavlova from oven, cool completely on the pan.
- Carefully shift the pavlova from the parchment paper to a cake plate or serving platter.
- For Triple Berry Amaretto Sauce:
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine berries, sugar, amaretto, and almond extract.
- Whisk in cornstarch.
- Bring to a simmer, cook for 3 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce into a heat-proof bowl to remove it from all heat. It will cool quicker. Cool completely, and chill.
- Pipe or spoon a border of whipped topping around the edge of the pavlova. Spoon the sauce into the center. Serve immediately!