Breakfast Egg Boat.
Break out of your brunch routine with an easy egg bake upgrade. Make French loaf boats for fun dishes you can eat!
Breakfast Egg Boat
- 1/4 lb bulk mild chorizo sausage
- 3 very small sweet peppers, finely chopped
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated crusty French loaf, baked as directed on can
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently to break up. Drain well in strainer, pressing out excess drippings with large spoon.
- In same skillet, cook peppers over medium heat about 3 minutes or until tender. Add peppers to strainer with chorizo to cool.
- Place baked French loaf on ungreased cookie sheet. Using serrated knife, cut v-shaped wedge in top; remove wedge and pull out most of the soft bread from inside, leaving a thick wall to protect egg mixture from leaking.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, chorizo and peppers with whisk. Pour into bread boat; top with cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before serving.