Man-Size Triple-Meat Sandwich.
You’ll need both hands for our man-size triple-meat ciabatta roll sandwiches made with sausage, chicken and bacon.
Man-Size Triple-Meat Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalape?o chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1/2 lb bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- Canola oil for frying
- 2 large ciabatta rolls, split
- 6 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 1 lime
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and fennel seed; cook and stir until garlic begins to brown and fennel seed begins to pop. Add onion, jalape?o and olives. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown. Add sausage; cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes, basil and oregano. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until sauce is reduced and liquid is almost absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in large deep skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle chicken strips on both sides with salt and pepper. In 3 separate shallow bowls, place flour, eggs and bread crumbs. Coat chicken strips with flour, then dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs. In same skillet, heat about 1/4 inch canola oil over medium heat. Cook chicken in hot oil 4 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center and bread crumbs are deep brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Set oven control to broil. Place rolls, cut sides up, on cookie sheet. Broil 1 minute or until toasted. On each roll bottom, place 3 cheese slices. Broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Place chicken strips on cheese-covered roll bottoms; squeeze lime over chicken. Top with sauce and bacon; cover with roll tops.