- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 2 people
- April 1, 2016
Baked Pesto Chicken Recipe
This easy Baked Pesto Chicken is a fast chicken dish made with skinless chicken breasts, pesto, tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. You can make this in the oven, or make it outside on the grill!
Baked pesto chicken with citrus couscous
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 100g couscous
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp pesto sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes on each side until browned.
- Place the couscous in an ovenproof dish. Mix together with the stock, red onion, red pepper, parsley, lemon zest and juice, pour over the couscous and stir.
- On top of this, place the chicken then spoon over the pesto and season to taste.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, fluff up the couscous with a fork. Serve hot or cold.