- April 2, 2016
Chicken, mushroom and tarragon pie.
A creamy pie flavoured with tarragon with a healthy sweet potato topping.Print
Chicken, mushroom and tarragon pie
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large leeks, cleaned, and chopped
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 300ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped tarragon
- pinch salt and white pepper
- 1 heaped tsp cornflour mixed with 25ml skimmed milk
- 150g cold cooked skinless chicken, cubed (mix of brown and white meat)
- 300g sweet potato, peeled and very thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ gas 4. Add the oil to a pan, then add the onion and stir regularly for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the leeks and mushrooms, and stir regularly for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the stock, tarragon, salt and pepper, and bring to the boil. Add a lid to the pan, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour and milk together. Next, bring the stock back to the boil and slowly stir in the cornflour mixture until the sauce thickens, then stir for another 2 minutes.
- Now, stir in the cooked chicken pieces, then add mixture to an overproof dish.
- Evenly layer the sweet potato on top and bake in the oven for 25-40 minutes until lightly browned.