- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 85 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 24 people
- February 12, 2016
Chocolate Peppermint Tarts.
Create delicious mini desserts with easy fudgy cookie mix and peppermint frosting.Print
Chocolate Peppermint Tarts
- 1 pouch chocolate chunk cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies (about 14)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 to 3 drops red food color
- Powdered sugar
- Lightly spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Prepare cookie dough as directed on package except–use 3 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon water, 1 egg and the peppermint extract. Shape dough into 24(1-inch) balls; place in muffin cups.
- Bake at 375° F for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Immediately make indentation in center of each cookie with end of wooden spoon to form a cup. Cool 30 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
- In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, crushed peppermint candies, butter, milk, and red food color with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Spoon frosting into decorating bag with large star tip (#5). Pipe into each cookie cup. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Store in refrigerator.