- Preparation time
- 40 mins
- Cooking time
- 70 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 30 people
- June 2, 2016
Cranberry-Glazed Appetizer Meatballs.
Cranberries balance the spicy flavor of chili sauce in a fabulous holiday appetizer.Print
Cranberry-Glazed Appetizer Meatballs
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 bottle (12 oz) chili sauce (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 can (16-oz size) jellied cranberry sauce (1 cup)
Garnish, if desired
- 60 fresh cranberries, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir meatball ingredients until well mixed. Shape into 1-inch balls; place in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, stir sauce ingredients until well blended. Heat to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs to sauce; stir to coat. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Thread cranberries on toothpicks; stick toothpicks in meatballs to serve.