- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 8 people
- February 19, 2016
A tender, flaky biscuit wraps around your favorite taco fillings in an easy, flavor-packed hot sandwich. Get a head start by using thawed Make-Ahead Mexican Ground Beef in place of the ground beef, taco seasoning and water. Heat Mexican beef with salsa as directed in the recipe.
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef, cooked, drained
- 1 can (16.3 oz) biscuits
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
- 1 cup sour cream, if desired
- In medium saucepan, cook taco seasoning mix, water, 1/2 cup of the salsa and cooked ground beef until thickened.
- Press each biscuit into 6-inch round. Spoon 1/3 cup meat mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese onto center of each round. Fold dough in half over filling; press to seal. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with remaining salsa, cheese and sour cream.