- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 4 people
- April 24, 2016
Grilled Hamburger Steaks with Roasted Onions.
Here’s a juicy burger just begging to be picked up!
Grilled Hamburger Steaks with Roasted Onions
- 4 lean ground beef patties (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) onion soup mix (from 2-ounce package)
- 2 large Bermuda or other sweet onions, cut in half, then thinly sliced and separated (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Spray two 18x12-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil with cooking spray.
- Brush beef patties with steak sauce; sprinkle with half of the soup mix (dry). Place half of the onions on center of each foil piece. Sprinkle with remaining soup mix, the brown sugar and vinegar. Fold foil over onions so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
- Cover and grill packets and beef patties 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning patties and rotating packets 1/2 turn once or twice, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160?F. Place packets and patties on plates. Cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil.