- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 80 mins
- 16 people
- February 16, 2016
Healthy cacao, coconut and date balls.
A quick, healthy snack that you can make in advance and freeze. Start this recipe a day in advance.Print
Healthy cacao, coconut and date balls
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, plus 1/3 cup extra for rolling
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Place dates in a medium bowl and cover with water. Stand for 1 hour. Drain and discard seeds.
- Process dates, almond meal, shredded coconut, coconut oil, cacao powder and chia seeds until mixture comes together. Transfer to a bowl and stand for 20 minutes for chia seeds to soften.
- Place remaining coconut in a shallow dish.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Roll in coconut to coat.