- Preparation time
- 45 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 6 people
- April 26, 2016
Healthy Sesame Soba Noodle Bowls.
This light, fresh vegetarian main dish makes your meatless Monday a breeze, plus any leftovers are great for lunch on Tuesday!Print
Healthy Sesame Soba Noodle Bowls
- 12 oz uncooked soba (buckwheat) noodles
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cups fresh snow pea pods (1 cup), strings removed, cut diagonally (about 4 1/2 oz)
- 6 medium green onions, cut diagonally, whites and greens separated
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 oranges, sectioned
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
- Cook noodles as directed on package. Drain; rinse under cold water until cool. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 5-quart Dutch oven, heat sesame oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add bell pepper, snow peas and whites of onions, reserving onion greens for garnish. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Remove vegetables from Dutch oven; set aside.
- Add gingerroot, garlic, honey and soy sauce to Dutch oven; heat to simmering. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Beat in orange juice with whisk; remove from heat. Add noodles to orange juice mixture; toss to coat.
- Divide noodles evenly among 6 bowls. Top with vegetables, oranges, sesame seed and onion greens.