- March 28, 2016
Appetizer recipe: Suluguni in pita bread.
Only half an hour, and the chicken with vegetables in pita bread is ready! We offer you a simple appetizer recipe of Georgian cuisine.Print
Appetizer recipe: Suluguni in pita bread
- 2 sheets of thin pita bread
- 300–400 g chicken or paneer cheese
- 2 large tomatoes,
- or Basil 80 ml of adjika
- a bundle of fresh greenery
- 2–3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- a pinch of oregano
- Pita bread cut in half. From one pita get two fairly large portions.
- Suluguni cheese cut into slices about 0.5 cm thick.
- To remove the peel from tomatoes, for this to make a small cross-shaped incision in the peel, scald with boiling water and immediately cover with cold water. The skin easily comes off, and not have to burn a hand. The tomatoes cut into small cubes, add salt, pepper and oregano.
- To shift the tomato mixture into the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes. To make the sauce become thicker, you can add 1 tsp of flour.
- Pita to grease with lukewarm tomato sauce, put cheese based 75-100 g per serving.
- Put on cheese several Basil leaves, parsley, or cilantro. To minimize the pita envelope so that the cheese stayed inside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the envelopes of pita bread on both sides until Golden brown (the cheese inside should melt).
- Serve as separate dish or with fresh vegetables.