- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 4 people
- May 19, 2016
Mexican Chicken Pot Pies in Crescent Bowls.
Far from a traditional pot pie, but just as delicious. Mexican ingredients blend beautifully in a delicate and edible bowl.Print
Mexican Chicken Pot Pies in Crescent Bowls
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (6 oz) refrigerated cooked Southwest-flavor chicken breast strips, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons Old El Paso™ canned chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup Green Giant™ Steamers™ Niblets® frozen corn
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack with jalape?o peppers cheese blend (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa (any variety)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place four 6-oz custard cups upside down on cookie sheet with sides. Spray cups with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough on work surface; press into 12×8-inch rectangle. Cut into 4 squares. Place 1 dough square over each custard cup, stretching to fit bowl.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from custard cups. Place on cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir until well blended. Gradually stir in broth; cook and stir until bubbly and thickened. Stir in chicken, black beans, green chiles and corn. Simmer about 5 minutes or until hot.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture into each crescent bowl. Top with cheese and salsa.