- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 5 people
- September 29, 2016
Pumpkin Sloppy Joes Recipe.
Pumpkins have started appearing at the grocery store, and there are all kinds of ways to enjoy them that don’t involve pie! Here’s just one: a Paleo twist on sloppy Joes with a pumpkin-flavored beef chili served inside roasted sweet potatoes. It’s just on the line between sweet and savory, and the allspice, cloves, and chili powder give it depth with just a pinch of heat.
- 1 lb. ground beef;
- 1 onion, chopped;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- 1 cup pumpkin puree;
- 1 cup tomato sauce;
- 2 tbsp. raw honey; (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard;
- 1 tbsp. chili powder;
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice.
- 4 sweet potatoes;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil, and bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Melt-in some cooking fat, add the garlic and onion, and cook until soft.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown.
- Stir in the pumpkin, tomato sauce, mustard, honey, allspice, and chili powder.
- Give everything a good stir, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Season to taste, and serve stuffed in the sweet potatoes.