- Preparation time
- 8 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 4 people
- February 4, 2016
Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers.
Stuffed bell peppers have been on my bucket list for at least a year and I’m so glad to finally cross it off my list.
Using leftover ingredients, I created a southwest quinoa mixture loaded with corn, beans, tomatoes, green chilis for a bit of heat and cheesy pepper-jack-feta goodness.
It’s incredibly filling and hearty, making it the perfect vegetarian option for Meatless Monday or any other day of the week!Print
Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 Florida bell peppers (red, orange, yellow and green)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups roughly chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup tricolor quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Heat oven to 350°. Halve each bell pepper and remove seeds. Place in a large baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil and add onion, carrot, celery, mushrooms and spinach. Add salt and pepper. Saut? over medium heat until vegetables are tender and translucent.
- Add quinoa and water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 6 – 8 minutes, or until most of the water is absorbed, and quinoa is almost done.
- Divide quinoa evenly among bell pepper halves. Add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the casserole dish. Place in oven and bake for 20 – 30 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and bell peppers are tender crisp. (Quinoa on top of the peppers will cook slightly crispy.)