- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 8 mins
- 4 people
- March 11, 2016
Spiced Grilled T-Bones Recipe.
The T-bone is a steak with presence. It’s big, it’s bold, and everything about it is unapologetically steak. When cartoons or illustrations need to distinguish a steak from any other random cut of meat, all they have to do is throw in that iconic T, and it’s instantly recognizable. But the bone isn’t just dramatic: it also helps keep the meat tender while it cooks, which ends up with you having a tastier dinner.
This recipe doesn’t do anything to hide the steak – just rub it with some tasty spices and throw it on the grill. With a really good steak, that’s all you need.
Be aware that if you’re cooking grass-fed steak, it’ll likely be leaner than grain-fed, which makes the meat cook faster. If you’re used to cooking T-bones that you got at the supermarket, you might be surprised at how much less time it takes – get a good thermometer and watch it like a hawk! You’ll thank yourself a few minutes later when you dig into a perfectly-done, juicy plate of steak.
- 4 T-bone steaks;
- 2 tbsp. paprika;
- 1/2 tbsp. onion powder;
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder;
- 1/2 tbsp. chilli powder;
- 1/2 tbsp. ground coriander;
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper;
- Preheat your grill to high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, coriander, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub all the steaks on all sides with the seasoning.
- Grill each steak for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until it reaches your desired doneness.