- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 4 people
- May 14, 2016
Tuna, Tomato and Penne Pasta.
Enjoy this pasta dinner made using tuna, tomato and penne and sprinkled with cheese that’s ready in 30 minutes – perfect for Italian cuisine.Print
Tuna, Tomato and Penne Pasta
- 8 oz. (2 1/4 cups) uncooked penne (tube-shaped pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. tuna steaks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes with Italian-style herbs, undrained
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons capers, if desired
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Cook penne to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently. Add garlic; stir to combine.
- Add tuna; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, capers and pepper flakes; cook about 1 minute or until mixture comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Place cooked penne on serving platter. Top with tuna mixture. Sprinkle lightly with cheese.