- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 80 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 12 people
- May 26, 2016
Double-Stacked Cinnamon Roll Cake.
For a perfect decadent breakfast or birthday cake, how about a layer cake made with ® ® cinnamon or caramel rolls? Use whichever is your favorite. Homemade cream cheese frosting takes it over the top!Print
Double-Stacked Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 2 cans (17.5 oz each) caramel rolls
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, if desired
- Caramel topping (from a jar), if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray. Separate dough into 10 rolls; set caramel topping aside. Place 5 rolls in each pan; press down slightly on rolls to fill most of pan.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around edge of pans; invert layers onto cooling racks. Cool completely.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Add milk, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat on low speed until frosting is blended and smooth.
- With serrated knife, trim off roll tops on one of the layers to level. Place layer, cut side up, on serving plate. Spread with both cans of reserved caramel topping. Top with second layer. Spread with cream cheese frosting. Garnish with pecans and caramel topping from a jar.