Cheesy Spinach and Egg Hashbrowns Skillet.
Enjoy this delicious hash browns skillet with eggs and spinach any time of the day. Make it even easier by using one cup of the thawed Make-Ahead Seasoned Ground Beef and Sausage.
Cheesy Spinach and Egg Hashbrowns Skillet
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef or ground Italian pork sausage
- 1 2/3 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 box Hamburger Helper™ cheesy hashbrowns
- 1 to 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Additional salt and ground black pepper, if desired
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until brown; drain. Stir in hot water, butter, salt and potatoes (from Hamburger Helper box). Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted.
- Reduce heat to medium; press potato mixture evenly with back of spatula. Cook uncovered 6 minutes, without stirring, until liquid is absorbed. Add spinach to skillet; stir until spinach is wilted slightly. Use spatula to make four holes in mixture; crack 1 egg into each hole. Cover; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until eggs until whites and yolks are firm, not runny and potatoes are crispy. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix milk and topping mix (from Hamburger Helper box).
- Remove from heat. Top eggs with cheese, salt and pepper. Serve with topping mixture.