Chicken With Balsamic Pears Recipe.
Stuck for something creative to do with chicken breasts? Try this one-pan stovetop recipe with sweet pears and tangy balsamic vinegar. The tomatoes might seem like a strange addition to that, but give them a chance: they add some solidity and depth to the whole dish and bring it a little bit beyond the typical fruit + balsamic + protein combination.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless;
- 1 yellow onion, sliced;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar;
- 2 to 3 pears, sliced;
- 2 cups diced tomatoes;
- 4 tbsp. fresh basil, sliced;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts to taste. Brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side, and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and saut? until fragrant.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar and cook, stirring constantly, until reduced by half.
- Stir in the pears and tomatoes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Lower heat to medium, cover, and cook until chicken is cooked through (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Top with the fresh basil to serve.