Goose with apples
Fresh goose can be identified by its appearance: the skin should be pale pink and dry to the touch, grease – white and transparent.
Yellow legs indicate that the young bird, the paws of a red color are more often in older geese.
- 1 carcass of a goose (3-3. 5 kg),
- 400 g of sweet and sour apples,
- 1 orange,
- 1 lemon,
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- 300-400 ml of broth,
- ground coriander to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste.
- Goose thoroughly wash, clean, remove the remains of the feathers fell off, RUB inside and out with vegetable oil, honey, salt, pepper and coriander and give lie down for an hour.
- Wash all the fruits. Apples (preferably Antonovka or Simirenko) cleanse away the cores and cut into small slices. The orange peel and divide into slices. Lemon cut into thin slices.
- Start the goose with half of the apples, orange and lemon, scrapie abdomen with thread or toothpicks so that during baking the filling does not fall out. Also tie the wings and legs of the goose so they do not burn. Do on the carcass of the goose a few punctures with a fork.
- Protiven grease with oil, put on a layer of the remaining apples, top, put the goose back in his fields and stock. Send goose with apples in a preheated 200°C oven for 2.5-3 hours depending on bird weight. After half an hour reduce the temperature to 180°C. If the liquid has boiled away, share more broth.
- The willingness of the bird you can check with a toothpick puncture the thickest leg. If it follows clear juice, goose with apples ready.
- Let the goose stand 15 minutes and serve to the table. Decorate the goose can fresh apples and oranges.