Kale Walnut Pesto & Blistered Tomato Pasta.
Kale walnut pesto & blistered tomato pasta – a twist on the traditional pesto with lots of added kale and walnuts. Topped with blistered tomato and parmesan cheese. A fast, healthy and delicious vegetarian pasta dinner.
- 6-8 kale leaves, stems removed
- 10 basil leaves
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ? cup olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound pasta (I used spaghetti, but any pasta will do)
- parmesan for garnish
- Kale Walnut Pesto
- In a food processor, combine all the pesto ingredients except the olive oil. Pulse 5-7 times until all the ingredients are coursely chopped. Then, with the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil until combined.
- Set aside. Pesto will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for 2 weeks.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a parchment lined baking sheet, toss the grape tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to blister. Remove from oven, set aside.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta according to manufacturers instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta. Top with desired amount of pesto and toss to combine. Stir in some of the pasta water to thin the sauce and make it nice and silky, start with ? cup and add more if desired. Add in blistered tomatoes and any tomato juice on the roasting pan, toss to combine. Serve warm, top with more parmesan cheese.
- Any leftovers will keep in an air tight container refrigerated for 1 week.