- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 135 mins
- 9 people
- February 4, 2016
Cereal is the sweet surprise in a dreamy dessert with fat-free yogurt and strawberries.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 box (4-serving size) wild strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup Yoplait® 99% Fat Free creamy strawberry or creamy vanilla yogurt (from 2-lb container)
- 3 cups Kix® cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 9 fresh strawberries, sliced into fans
- In medium bowl, pour boiling water on gelatin; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in yogurt until melted and smooth. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour 30 minutes or until thickened but not set.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Place cereal in food-storage plastic bag; crush with rolling pin to make 1 cup. In small bowl, stir cereal and butter until well mixed. Press mixture firmly in bottom of ungreased 8-inch square pan. Bake 10 minutes or until crust is light golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Beat gelatin mixture with electric mixer on high speed 7 to 8 minutes or until doubled in volume. Fold in sliced strawberries; pour over crust. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm.
- To serve, cut dessert into squares. Garnish each serving with strawberry fan.