- April 9, 2016
Copycat Disneyland Magical Mac and Cheese Cone Recipe.
It stands to reason that the Happiest Place on Earth would have the best food on Earth…and this magical mac and cheese cone, a signature dish to California’s Disneyland park, is proof of that. The warm, bread cone is stuffed with unbelievably gooey mac and cheese and topped with (what else?) bacon bits. If you already weren’t dying to go to Disneyland, I bet you are now. If that dream vacation isn’t quite in the works yet, never fear! You can bring a small piece of the magic into your home with this copycat recipe of the iconic mac and cheese cone! Watch the video below to see how it’s done.
This out-of-this-world treat is usually only found at the Cozy Cone Motel at Disneyland California Adventure, but now it can be found one other place – your kitchen! And hopefully, very soon, your stomach.
- 6 manila folders
- Cooking spray
- 1 tube of pizza dough
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Bacon crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Roll the folders into cones and tape to keep the shape.
- Wrap the cone in foil so it won’t light on fire in the oven and then spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough on floured surface with the long side facing you. Cut into 12 1 inch strips.
- Start at the tip of the cone and start rolling the dough strips around the cone. You will probably need two strips per cone.
- Place cones on greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate once halfway through.
- Gently twist the foil cones to remove them from the dough.
- Prepare elbow macaroni while cones are baking. Follow box instructions.
- Heat butter and flour, stir over the heat. Add milk and whisk thoroughly. Add shredded cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Add macaroni to the sauce and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Fill each cones with a scoop of mac and cheese and garnish with bacon crumbles.