- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 2 people
- March 20, 2016
Baked Eggs with Wilted Spinach and Salmon
So, I’ve got a thing for eggs. I could eat them for any meal, at any time, and any number of ways. There’s a culinary urban legend that the number of pleats in a traditional chef’s hat (aka a toque) reflect all the waysto cook eggs. While I’ve never found concrete evidence backing that claim, I’d estimate there are at least fivekajillion totally unique egg recipes out there. And where there are eggs, there’s certainly a thought or two about brunch. Myfamily isn’t all that religious but we do love a good Easter brunch filled with all sorts of eggs. Here is an egg recipe loaded with some other brunch-y classics including two of my favorites: smoked salmon and buttery wilted spinach.
- 1 smoked salmon fillet, cut into chunks;
- 4 eggs;
- 2 shallots, sliced;
- 10 oz. baby spinach;
- 4 tbsp. coconut milk;
- Fresh chives, minced;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Preheat a skillet to a medium heat, and melt some cooking fat.
- Add the shallots to the pan, and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Pour the coconut milk, season to taste, and cook for another minute.
- Divide the spinach equally among 4 oven safe dishes.
- Make a small well in the center of each pile of the spinach and crack in an egg.
- Divide the salmon pieces equally among each dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh chives to serve.