- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 4 people
- March 6, 2016
Barbecued Jamaican pork ribs with mango salsa.
Change up your week with these succulent pork ribs served with fresh mango salsa and steamed rice.
Barbecued Jamaican pork ribs with mango salsa
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground clove
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 Coles Australian Pork Spare Ribs, halved
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- Steamed long grain rice, to serve
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill plate on high.
- Combine the green chilli, allspice, garlic, vinegar, thyme, nutmeg, clove and 1 tbsp oil in a large bowl. Season. Add the pork and turn to coat. Cook pork on the barbecue or chargrill plate for 5 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a heatproof plate. Cover and set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine mango, onion, red chilli, coriander, lime juice and remaining oil in a medium bowl.
- Serve the pork with rice and mango salsa.