- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 4 people
- February 25, 2016
Let’s cook a traditional Ukrainian dish – stuffed in a young cabbage. I took the best advice to Ukrainian Housewives who know how to make the filling juicy, the cabbage leaves are soft and the sauce to them – spicy and rich.
- Minced meat – 500 g
- Rice – 200 g
- Vegetable filling
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Dill – to taste
- Cabbage leaves – 10 PCs.
- Grape leaves – 10 PCs.
- Tomato paste – 100 g
- Water – 50 ml.
- Mix ground beef, rice and half packs of vegetable filling, add the clove of garlic and finely chopped dill.
- Boil in boiling water cabbage leaves – for 10 minutes.
- Now take a cabbage leaf, put the stuffing in the middle and carefully wrap.
- Lay the prepared stuffed cabbage in pot, which already lies at the bottom of the cabbage leaf.
- But that’s not all! Take the vine leaves, spread a little stuffing and wrap.
- Need for the sauce in a separate bowl, mix tomato paste with water and add 3 tablespoons of vegetable filling.
- Pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls. Simmer on low heat for half an hour.