- April 9, 2016
Capital Grille Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe.
Try this Capital Grille Lobster Macaroni and Cheese recipe, or contribute your own.Print
Capital Grille Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 lb. Campanelle Pasta
- 1 quart of heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of Marscapone Cheese
- 1 cup of Grana Padano Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of Havarti Cheese
- 1/4 cup of White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. poached lobster meat
Bread Crumb Topping:
- 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- The chef at Capital Grille recommends four different cheese types to make this recipe. A soft cheese (such as Marscapone), a hard cheese (such as Grana Padano), a flavorful cheese (such as Havarti) and a sharp cheese (such as White Cheddar). You can mix and match cheeses as long as there is one from each category.
- Chef also recommended a 2-1 ratio of sauce to pasta and a 2-1 ratio of pasta to lobster. So for 10 oz. of sauce, use 5 oz. of pasta and 2 oz. of lobster. Note: I’ve seen other websites that suggest one quart of heavy cream to 1 lb. of pasta, which is not 2-1. You will have to judge which works best for you.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cook the pasta only about 3 minutes, it should be under cooked. The pasta can be made ahead.
- In another pot, add heavy cream and pinch of salt and bring to a simmer. Add three of the cheeses to the cream sauce, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- In another pan, add the cream mixture and the under cooked pasta. Add the fourth cheese and the lobster and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a cast iron pan and bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Toast the Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and melted butter together until golden.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top and serve.