- April 9, 2016
Creamy Stovetop Avocado Mac and Cheese Recipe.
If you love mac and cheese, especially the creaminess of it, then the addition of a simple ingredient is going to rock your world. When we saw this avocado mac and cheese recipe over at Two Peas and Their Pod, we knew we had to try it.Print
Creamy Stovetop Avocado Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 10 ounces dry elbow macaroni?
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro?-Salt and pepper, to taste?
- 2 tablespoons butter?
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh avocado chunks, for garnish, if desired
- Boil water in a large pot. Salt the water and add in macaroni when boiling.
- Cook the macaroni, stirring occasionally, until Al Dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and set pasta aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, create avocado sauce by placing garlic, avocados, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper into a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy, then set aside.
- For cheese sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in flour to create a paste. Whisk in milk until mixture is smooth. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add in pepper jack cheese to thickened sauce and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy.
- Pour macaroni into a large bowl, then pour the avocado sauce over and stir until well coated. Add in the cheese sauce and stir until well incorporated and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm. You can garnish with fresh chunks of avocado in you’d like!