- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 90 mins
- 8 people
- May 5, 2016
Chile Chicken Enchiladas.
Roll up a new enchilada with unexpected chicken and two cheeses.Print
Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red bell peppers (from a jar)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas; 8 inch)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, roasted peppers, chiles and sour cream.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons enchilada sauce on each tortilla. Top each with 1/2 cup chicken mixture. Roll up tortillas; arrange, seam side down, in baking dish. Top enchiladas with any remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until hot. If desired, remove foil during last 5 minutes of baking time. If desired, serve with lettuce, tomato, avocado and additional sour cream.