- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 90 mins
- 8 people
- March 30, 2016
About the benefits of sauerkraut are legends, and about the Polish bigos – poetry! This is a unique dish similar to stewed cabbage, just delicious: simultaneously both the first and second. And to be honest, and dessert is not want. It’s just divine!Print
Recipe of bigos with meat and prunes
- 750 g sauerkraut
- 750 g fresh white cabbage
- 1 kg assorted meat (for example, 350 g duck, pork and beef, chicken, pork and veal)
- 400 g smoked meat (sausages, pork, brisket or good meat ribs)
- 2 onions
- 1 carrot
- 10 pieces of prunes
- Bay leaf
- Meat (excluding smoked) cut into pieces of medium size, onion (1 piece) – half-rings.
- Put in cauldron and carcass until tender.
- Meanwhile fresh cabbage finely chop and pour boiling water. Leave to cool down.
- Preheat the pan, pour vegetable oil, put chopped onion and grated on a coarse grater carrots. Obzharivaya all together for 5 minutes.
- Put on top of sauerkraut, cover with a lid and mascara for 15 minutes, mix and carcasses for 10 minutes.
- Fresh cabbage lay on a colander, to drain water, mix with sauerkraut, add the prunes, smoked meat.
- Put in the cauldron with the meat. Add hot water (about 1 Cup) to one-half filled cauldron.
- Cook bigos 40 minutes. Add a little salt (1/2 tsp sugar), pepper.
- Serve hot in a deep plate. With fresh bread.