- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 55 mins
- 4 people
- March 3, 2016
Stuffed Peppers Recipe
We used to cook stuffed peppers, the recipe of which most often contains rice and meat. Try a new and interesting combination of flavors: couscous and mushrooms. And the melted cheese and the aroma of greenery completes this wonderful composition. This filling is, above all, will appeal to vegetarians, but meat eaters will not disappoint.
To make this dish look more colorful, cook stuffed peppers of different colors.Print
Stuffed peppers: recipe with mushrooms and couscous
- 8 pcs Bulgarian pepper,
- 400 g mushrooms,
- 150 g of couscous,
- 150 g of cheese,
- 2 cloves garlic,
- greens (parsley, dill, thyme),
- 4 tablespoons olive oil,
- pinch of ground paprika,
- ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste.
- Couscous pour boiling water so that water covered the croup by 1 cm, salt, cover with a lid and leave for 5 minutes. Then mix, add olive oil and leave for another 5 minutes. The water should completely soak into the couscous.
- With peppers cut off the tops and clean from seeds. Sprinkle peppers with oil, place in a preheated 180°C oven for 15 minutes and sabaki until soft.
- Mushrooms cut in small pieces. Garlic cut into thin slices. Grind the herbs. Cheese RUB on a coarse grater.
- Fry the mushrooms with garlic in hot olive oil for 7-10 minutes. At the end sprinkle with paprika.
- Mix fried mushrooms with couscous, greens, black pepper and salt.
- Nefertiri the peppers with the stuffing, sprinkle with grated cheese and again send in the oven. Stuffed pepper recipe is cooked for 20 minutes, until it becomes soft, and the cheese melts.
- Serve stuffed peppers hot.