- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 8 people
- May 4, 2016
Roasted Potato-Black Bean Quesadillas.
A smooth mixture of roasted potatoes and black beans fills these hearty meatless quesadillas.
Roasted Potato-Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1 (9-oz.) box Green Giant™ Frozen Roasted Potatoes with Garlic & Herbs
- 1 (15-oz.) can Progresso™ Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 (11-oz.) pkg. (8 tortillas) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Burritos
- 8 oz. (2 cups) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. (2 cups) finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa, if desired
- 1/2 cup sour cream, if desired
- Microwave frozen potatoes as directed on box. In food processor, place cooked potatoes and beans; process about 30 seconds or until almost smooth. Place mixture in medium bowl. Stir in onion and chiles.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. On half of each tortilla, spread 1/3 cup potato mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of each of the cheeses. Fold each tortilla over; press to flatten slightly.
- Cook 2 or 3 quesadillas, with potato mixture on bottom, in hot skillet for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until tortillas are golden brown. Remove from skillet; cool slightly. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- With pizza cutter, cut each quesadilla in half. Serve warm with salsa or sour cream.