- Preparation time
- 45 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 4 people
- April 30, 2016
Gluten-Free Kale and Bell Pepper Quesadillas.
These delicious veggie-packed quesadillas make a great meatless lunch or dinner.
Gluten-Free Kale and Bell Pepper Quesadillas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips (2x1/4x1/4 inch)
- 1 bunch (8 oz) fresh kale, ribs removed, coarsely chopped (6 cups)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 soft corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (4 oz)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup gluten-free reduced-fat sour cream, if desired
- Place cookie sheet in oven. Heat oven to 200°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Cook onion in oil about 5 minutes or until translucent. Add bell pepper; cook about 5 minutes or until softened. Add kale; cook about 5 minutes or until wilted. Add water and salt; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Arrange 4 tortillas on work surface. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese evenly over each tortilla. Divide kale mixture among tortillas (about 1/2 cup each), spreading to within 1/2 inch of edge. Sprinkle another 2 tablespoons cheese over kale on each tortilla. Top each with another tortilla.
- Wipe out skillet with damp paper towel. Heat over medium heat. Spray both sides of quesadillas with cooking spray. Cook quesadillas 3 to 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer to oven to keep warm while cooking remaining quesadillas. Cut into wedges; serve with salsa and sour cream.