- March 20, 2016
Simple Sausage Casserole Recipe.
What’s your favorite kind of sausage? Are you a bratwurst traditionalist? Would you rather have a spicy sausage like chorizo or merguez? Or do you branch out into liver sausage, blood sausage, and more adventurous varieties? Whatever your preference is, you can use it in this recipe – any kind of sausage from any animal will do fine. Just make sure you check the ingredients carefully for junk: don’t ever rely on front-of-package claims like “natural” or “organic.” Ideally, you’d want nothing but meat, fat, spices, and salt.
- 4 to 6 sausages
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 to 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Combine the grape tomatoes, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, red onion, and minced garlic in a large baking dish.
- Brown the sausages on all sides in a skillet placed over high heat, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Place the sausages on top of the vegetables, toss in the thyme, and season everything to taste.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.