- Preparation time
- 40 mins
- Cooking time
- 70 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 6 people
- April 27, 2016
Crab Cake Mini Taco Boats™.
Crab cakes and football, that is what Maryland does…well, at least the crab cakes. Caught off the Eastern shore, fresh crab is mixed with a few ingredients for crab cakes in a taco!Print
Crab Cake Mini Taco Boats™
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay™ seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 containers (8 oz each) refrigerated pasteurized crabmeat, drained, cut up
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Taco Boats™ mini soft flour tortillas
- 6 leaves Bibb or butter lettuce, torn to fit boats
- Lemon wedges, if desired
- In small bowl, stir together Spicy Mayonnaise ingredients until blended. Cover and refrigerate.
- In medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, the egg, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, seafood seasoning and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Fold in crabmeat and bread crumbs until well blended (mixture will be moist). Using 1/8 cup crab mixture per patty, shape into 24 patties. Place on cooking parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate 30 minutes to firm up cakes.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the oil over medium heat. Add 12 crab cakes; cook 3 minutes on each side until browned and crisped. Drain on paper towel-lined cookie sheet. Keep warm. Return skillet to stove; heat remaining 1/4 cup oil over medium heat. Cook remaining crab cakes.
- Heat boats as directed on package. Fill each boat with 2 crab cakes, lettuce and spicy mayonnaise. Serve with lemon wedges.