- March 11, 2016
Simple Roast Beef Recipe.
Roast beef is a deli-counter staple, a classic Sunday dinner, and an all-around basic recipe that every cook should know. It’s an easy way to use the more economical cuts of beef, almost everyone likes it, and it’s good all year round – in cold weather, serve it hot, and in the heat of the summer, it’s just as good cold.
- 2 1/2 lb. boneless beef top loin roast;
- 3 garlic cloves, grated;
- 2 tbsp. rosemary leaves, minced;
- 3 tbsp. olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub the garlic mixture all over the beef. Cover and marinade in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator 30 minutes before you’re ready to cook it.
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Place the meat on a wire rack, drizzle olive oil on top, and place in the oven.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour to 1h 30 min.
- When ready, let the meat rest for a few minutes before carving.