- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 8 people
- June 2, 2016
Crescent Beef Burritos.
Enjoy flaky crescents in a whole new way, wrapped around an easy, tempting Mexican beef filling.
Crescent Beef Burritos
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ refried beans (from 16-oz can)
- 2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 4 slices (3/4 oz each) American cheese, cut diagonally in half
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Reduce heat to medium; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until water has evaporated. Remove from heat; stir in beans.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate dough into 8 rectangle. Firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheets: Unroll dough; cut into 8 rectangles.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons beef mixture and 1 tablespoon of the salsa onto each rectangle; spread to within 1/2 inch of one short side. Starting with other short side, roll up each rectangle; pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down on cookie sheet.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until golden brown. Top each burrito with cheese; bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve garnished with sour cream and olives.