- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 38 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 8 people
- May 2, 2016
Double Cheeseburger Pizza Rounds.
Individual pizzas get a flavor update from feta cheese and ripe olives baked on biscuits spread with tomato sauce.Print
Double Cheeseburger Pizza Rounds
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 (16.3-oz.) can Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 1 (14-oz.) jar pizza sauce
- 4 oz. (1 cup) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded pizza cheese blend or mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Meanwhile, separate dough into 8 biscuits. Place 2 1/2 inches apart on sprayed cookie sheet. With bottom of flat 2-inch diameter glass or with fingers, press out each biscuit to form 3 1/2-inch round with 1/4-inch rim around outside edge. In small bowl, combine egg yolk and water; beat well. Brush over tops and sides of biscuits. Sprinkle each with sesame seed.
- Add all remaining ingredients except pizza cheese blend to ground beef; cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup ground beef mixture into indentation in each biscuit. Sprinkle each with pizza cheese blend.
- Bake at 375°F. for 12 to 17 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Carefully remove from cookie sheet.