- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 6 people
- May 7, 2016
Taco Monkey Bread.
No one will be able to resist this clever, savory take on monkey bread!Print
Taco Monkey Bread
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 medium lime, squeezed (1 to 2 tablespoons juice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef with taco seasoning mix over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; set aside.
- Separate each can of dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into quarters. In large bowl, toss biscuit pieces with cooked ground beef and Cheddar cheese. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, toss tomato, onion, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Cool bread in pan 5 minutes. Place lettuce on serving plate. Invert bread onto plate over lettuce.
- Top with sour cream and tomato-avocado mixture. Serve immediately.