- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 5 people
- March 10, 2016
Grilled Steaks With Herb Butter Recipe
“Steak with butter” has to top the list of most people’s Top 10 Unhealthy Foods, but the Paleo crowd knows better! In case you need a refresher, the steak has all kinds of benefits beyond “protein,” the butter provides an anti-inflammatory fat called butyrate, and if you’re using grass-fed butter you’ll also get a healthy dose of Vitamin K2. And of course, saturated fat doesn’t cause heart disease, and neither does cholesterol, and animal protein doesn’t cause cancer or anything else.
- 2 rib eye strip steaks cut 1-1/2? thick (or your steak of choice);
- 2 tsp. sea salt;
- 2 tsp. whole black peppercorn;
- 1 tsp. garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. onion powder;
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds;
- 1/8 tsp. red chili pepper flakes;
- 1/2 cup butter or ghee, softened;
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary;
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme;
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- In a mortar, combine the sea salt, black peppercorn, garlic powder, onion powder, fennel seeds, paprika, chili pepper flakes, and coarsely grind with a pestle.
- Mix all the ingredients for the herb butter and add 1 tsp. of the steak seasoning.
- Season the steaks generously with the remaining steak seasoning on both sides.
- Grill the steaks for 3 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare doneness.
- Let the steaks rest for 4 to 5 minutes and top with herb butter before serving.