- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 4 people
- March 18, 2016
The leeks and the ham give this hash a bit of a rustic feel, and the squash adds a warm taste and a sunny color to the final dish. It might lose a few points on snob appeal, but it makes up for that in the “quick” and “easy” categories, so unless you’re feeding the Queen, it evens out.Print
Ham And Butternut Squash Hash Recipe
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups pre-cooked ham, cubed;
- 1 leek, sliced;
- 1 green apple, peeled and cubed;
- 1 onion, sliced;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 tsp. paprika;
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and sliced leek, and cook until soft and tender (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the ham and apple and cook until warm.
- Season with ground cinnamon, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cook another 2 minutes, and serve warm.