- March 18, 2016
Ham And Butternut Squash Hash Recipe.
The leeks and the ham give this hash a bit of a rustic feel, and the squash adds a warm taste and a sunny color to the final dish. It might lose a few points on snob appeal, but it makes up for that in the “quick” and “easy” categories, so unless you’re feeding the Queen, it evens out.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups pre-cooked ham, cubed;
- 1 leek, sliced;
- 1 green apple, peeled and cubed;
- 1 onion, sliced;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 tsp. paprika;
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and sliced leek, and cook until soft and tender (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the ham and apple and cook until warm.
- Season with ground cinnamon, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cook another 2 minutes, and serve warm.