- November 6, 2016
Herbed polenta chips & pesto broccoli trees
When making polenta chips I always use instant polenta that cooks in 2-3 minutes in a pot of boiling chicken or vegetable stock. Simply bring a pot of stock to the boil, add the polenta in a slow steady stream whisking continuously, and stir over heat for 3 minutes then you’re ready to add some seriously delicious flavour that will have the kids (big and small) gobbling them up!
- 3 cups of reduced-salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (I used basil, parsley, oregano and thyme)
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn heat down to a simmer and gradually whisk in polenta. Stir for 2–3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir through butter, herbs, parmesan and zest. Pour into a 26cm x 16cm baking tin lined with baking paper. Chill for 15 minutes or until set. (The mixture doesn’t have to be completely cooled, it simply needs to be set enough that you can cut into chips.)
- Preheat grill to high. Cut polenta into fingers and place on baking tray lined with baking paper. Lightly drizzle with olive oil. Grill chips for 5 minutes or until crispy. Serve hot with pesto broccoli trees.